Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Made in Mexico of volcanic rock, the molcajete is among the world's oldest culinary tools. This molcajete (mortar) and tejolete (pestle) set expertly crushes avocados and herbs to make crowd-pleasing guacamole, dips and other dishes.
- Basalt rock.
- Due to the natural materials used, variations are to be expected.
- Set includes one mortar and one pestle.
- Made in Mexico.
Dimensions & More Info
- Mortar: 8"diam. x 4.5"h.
- Pestle: 4"h.
- Season the mortar before first use: grind raw rice inside the bowl until the rice turns grey; empty and repeat until the rice no longer turns grey; rinse with water and scrub with a brush.
- Always place the molcajete on top of a cloth to avoid scratching the surface of your table or countertop.
- Avoid drastic changes in temperature.
Hand wash with running water, dish soap and a brush. Dry thoroughly.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.