Choose the Right Rug
To choose the right size rug and place it correctly, you’ll need to take into account the size + shape of your room as well as your furniture. Here, scale illustrations show you the best rug size for the most common furniture layouts, along with some essential design tips.
- A rug should anchor your seating arrangement; it doesn’t necessarily have to fill the whole room. Place at least the front two legs of your sofa and main chairs on the rug.
- Leave at least a 1-foot border between your rug and the walls.
LoveseatIllustrations feature a 72" loveseat.
Standard SofaIllustrations feature a 80” full-size sofa.
Chaise SectionalIllustrations feature a 108” chaise sectional.
L-SectionalIllustrations feature a 107.5” L-sectional.
- Choose a rug that extends at least 2’ on each side of your table, so there’s room to pull out chairs. Most tables need a rug that’s at least 8’ wide.
- If your dining table is expandable, choose a rug that will still fit beneath the table when it’s extended.
- Have a round table? You can use a rectangular rug or order one of our custom-sized rugs in a square shape (or be bold and consider a round rug!)
- Depending on the size of the rug, bed and room, place the rug under the front two-thirds of your bed, or under the entire bed and nightstands.
- Allow 2' to 3’ on each side of the bed to have a soft, warm place for your feet to land when you get out of bed.
- Alternatively, place a runner on each side of the bed, or a single runner at the foot of your bed.
Sorry, we couldn't find any products.