Mid-Century Heathered Basketweave Wool Rug - Steel
- Fair Trade
Made of wool in varying shades of white and grey, our Heathered Basketweave Rug has a subtle tonal effect that was common in mid-century inspired textiles. As a Fair Trade Certified™ product, this piece directly supports better living and working conditions for the people who made it–artisans have chosen to use the premium they earn from Fair Trade production to fund additional healthcare coverage.
- 100% wool in Steel.
- Handwoven by Craftmark-certified artisans in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility.
- Learn more about the positive impact your purchase has on Fair Trade workers and their communities.
- Rug Pad recommended (sold separately).
- No backing.
- Shedding of loose fibres is normal with new wool rugs and a natural result of being handcrafted.
- Shedding will diminish with regular vacuuming, typically within three to six months.
- Made in India.
- Your purchase of handcrafted items helps preserve craft traditions worldwide. Learn more.
- 3'w x 5'l.
- 5'w x 8'l.
- 8'w x 10'l.
- 9'w x 12'l.
- 2.5'w x 7'l (Runner).
- Thickness: 0.5".
- To learn how to choose the right rug size, visit our Rug Guide.
- Vacuum regularly on a low-power setting to prevent debris from settling into roots of the fibres. Use a vacuum cleaner without a beater brush as it may cause damage to the pile. For best results, vacuum from different directions, making several passes over the area.
- Shedding of loose fibres will occur but will diminish over time. Expect the most shedding to occur within the first 3 - 6 months.
- Remove spills immediately; if liquid, blot with clean, un-dyed cloth by pressing firmly around the spill to absorb as much as possible. For hard-to-remove stains, professional rug cleaning is recommended.
- Avoid direct and continuous exposure to sunlight.
- Use rug protectors under the legs of heavy furniture to avoid flattening piles.
- Do not pull loose ends. Clip them with scissors to remove.
- Store your rug by rolling it front side out and wrapping in cloth for protection. Do not fold or store rug in an airtight plastic bag. Place in dry, well-ventilated area.
- To protect your investment, use a rug pad. A rug pad provides traction between the rug and floor to prevent slipping. It adds padding, keeps the rug smooth and flat, and prevents colour transfer.
- Rotate or reposition your rug and/or rug pad every 3 months. This will aide in a more uniform floor surface patina and decrease the likelihood of the rug pad or exposed backing adhering to the floor surface where they are placed. Rotating your rug will promote even wear on the surface and extend the life of the rug.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.