Solid Colour Rugs Help Ground Your Space
Area rugs can transform a space, providing the finishing such that instantly makes a room feel warmer and more inviting. A solid colour rug can also help to anchor furniture and visually ground the space without competing with other design elements. While solid colour rugs may seem less exciting than their patterned counterparts, they can actually add quite a bit of interest through texture and subtle tonal gradations. Braided or shag rugs, for example, provide eye-catching contrast with smooth, hardwood flooring without dominating the room. Likewise, solid colour rugs with subtle gradations or distressing ensure that your floor coverings are anything but dull.
West Elm Canada carries a large selection of solid colour rugs in a rainbow of hues. Many of the rugs come in an array of muted, neutral tones that blend well with any number of aesthetics and colour schemes. If you're looking for something bolder, you'll also find deeply saturated shades that will add a pop of colour to your space. All of the rugs in the collection are available in a wide range of sizes, including hallway runners. Read on for more about just a few of the solid colour rugs available at West Elm Canada.
- Mid-Century Heathered Basketweave Wool Rug - Available in Steel and Sable, this handcrafted rug is sustainably sourced and Fair Trade Certified™. The basketweave on this 100% wool rug creates a tonal effect that was inspired by mid-century textiles.
- Graduated Dot Rug - The tiny dots on this plush wool rug means that it's not technically a solid colour, but the pattern is so subtle that the effect is similar. The natural wool yarns used in this handcrafted rug mean that it is both soft and durable. Available in navy, pewter and natural.
- Textured Hexagon Rug - This soft, wool rug is created by skilled artisans who tuft these rugs by hand, using a knotting technique to create a unique, textured pattern. The result is a solid colour rug that makes a subtle statement wherever it's placed.
- Tweed Flatweave Dhurrie Rug - Hand-loomed from wool and cotton yarns, this neutral rug is elevated by a 4" fringe. The rug's flatweave makes it reversible, exceptionally durable and less prone to shedding, so it's perfect for high traffic areas.
- Rope Herringbone Indoor/Outdoor Rug - This rug features an all-over herringbone pattern, which brings interesting detail and chunky texture to the solid base. The sustainably sourced rug is handwoven from fibres made from recycled plastic bottles, which makes this weather-resistant rug perfect for use indoors or out.