Add Colour and Warmth With Area Rugs
Area rugs add warmth, colour and texture, often providing the perfect final touch that makes a room feel complete. They can also help to define a space, ground furniture, protect flooring, muffle sound and of course, add comfort underfoot. The rug you choose will depend on the size of the space, your personal taste and your lifestyle - those with small children and pets, for example, will likely want to opt for a rug that is highly durable and easy to clean. Fortunately, West Elm Canada's collection of area rugs includes a wide array of colours, patterns, styles and materials. From sheepskin to sisal, Moroccan to Persian, there is almost no end to the variety of rugs available to adorn your home.
West Elm Canada's collection of rugs includes plush shag rugs, highly durable natural fibre rugs, hallway runners, indoor/outdoor rugs, kitchen rugs and washable rugs that are perfect for playrooms. You'll find ultra-modern abstract designs in bold colours as well as vintage-style rugs in more muted shades with subtle patterns. Of course, there is also a wide range of solid-coloured and neutral rugs from which to choose. The majority of the rugs in the West Elm Canada collection come in a variety of sizes so you can choose the one that is just right for your space. Read on for more about a few of the available options.
- Braid Stripe Sweater Rug - Infuse your decor with the cozy warmth and softness of your favorite sweater with this 100% wool rug. Handwoven and looped by skilled artisans in India, this rug combines thick and thin yarns to create an inviting texture.
- Boho Washable Rug - This short pile, washable rug brings grown-up style to kid-friendly spaces. Available in light grey and rose, it features a distressed motif for a look that is both modern and vintage.
- Wanderer Shag Rug - With a thickness of 1.6", this plush rug feels and looks incredibly luxurious. Hand tufted from 100% New Zealand wool, which is prized for its strength and softness. An abstract design and tassel trim add to the appeal of this beautiful rug.
- Ikat Indoor/Outdoor Rug - Handwoven from polyester fibres made from recycled plastic bottles, this striking rug is weather-resistant, easy to clean and feels soft underfoot. Artisans use the traditional ikat process of resist dying to create a slightly blurred pattern.
- Faux Sheepskin Rug - This faux sheepskin rug feels as soft and inviting as the real thing but is 100% animal-friendly and machine washable. Hand loomed from Alabaster cotton, this plush rug instantly adds warmth and coziness to your space.