Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I check the status of an online order?
- You can track the status of your order 24 hours after it is placed. Please use our online order tracking tool.
You can also call our Customer Service department at 1 855-860-1082 between 7:00 a.m. and midnight (EST), 7 days a week, or send an email to email@example.com.
- How can I change or cancel my order?
- Please call our Customer Service department at 1.888.922.4119 between 7:00 a.m. and midnight (EST), 7 days a week.
- What is your price adjustment policy?
- Final-sale items ending in .99 are not eligible for price adjustments.
- Why are some prices online different than in stores?
- Retail prices in our Canada and Puerto Rico stores sometimes vary from the pricing in our catalog and on our website.
- What is west elm's return policy?
We happily accept returns on stocked items—i.e. products we have on hand for immediate shipment—within the timeframes listed below. Products designated as special order (SPO)—i.e. custom ordered just for you—cannot be returned. All items on our website and in-store are considered 'stocked' (including Quick Ship upholstery items) unless expressly identified as 'special order' instead. Prior purchases are not eligible for price adjustments. Please familiarize yourself with our returns policy before placing your order.
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase of a stocked item, you must exchange or return it within the following timeframes for a full refund of the merchandise cost (delivery fees are non-refundable). Outside these timeframes, we will replace or refund your purchase against manufacturer's defects ONLY. Please note that we cannot accept returns on gift cards or items damaged through normal wear and tear. We also cannot accept returns of final-sale items, which are identified by a price ending in .99 or .97.
- Quick Ship upholstery items must be returned within 7 days of the order receipt date.
- All other stocked products must be returned within 30 days of the order receipt date.
Special Order Items (SPO)
Because they're custom made to your specifications, special order items may not be returned and are exchangeable against manufacturer's defects ONLY. SPO includes special order upholstery items, monogrammed/personalized items, special order rugs, one-of-a kind rugs and any products being shipped directly from a third-party vendor. Any special order items will be flagged as 'special order' in your shopping cart. New Jersey customers: Special-order upholstered furniture returns are subject to applicable state law and are non-returnable after 24 hours of delivery.
For further assistance please call our customer service department at 1 855-860-1082 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Returns: Online returns are available only for items that were shipped to the United States. If you would like to return items that were shipped outside the US, please see International Returns and Exceptions.
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 1.888.922.4119, 7 days a week, 5:00 am - 9:00 pm (PST).
- How can I return merchandise?
- Please complete the return form attached to the invoice received with your order.
If you no longer have the return instructions, please call our Customer Service department at 1.888.922.4119 between 7:00 a.m. and midnight (EST), 7 days a week. We recommend returning your items via a method that can either be tracked or provide proof of delivery.
Please include the following information with your return:
Reason for return
Action to be taken (replacement or merchandise credit)
Mail the package, via any carrier to:
4300 Concorde Road
Memphis, TN 38118
If you are returning furniture, please call our Customer Service department at 1.888.922.4119 between 7:00 a.m. and midnight (EST), 7 days a week to schedule a pick-up through our west elm shipping carrier.
For complete information about our return policy, visit our Returns page.
Shipping And Processing
- What shipping and processing options do you offer?
- We strive to ensure high-quality delivery at a great value, most items ship from our warehouse and will arrive within five business days of our receipt of your order. We'll notify you by email or mail if there's a delay.
We offer two shipping and processing options on most items: Standard Ground Delivery and Rush Delivery.
For complete shipping information, see our Shipping and Processing page.
In addition, we deliver select items via Home Delivery .
- Which deliveries will be charged sales tax?
- Sales tax on the merchandise total is charged for items shipped to the following states and US territories: AL*, AR*, AZ, CA*, CO*, CT*, DC*, FL*, GA*, HI*, IA, ID, IL*, IN*, KS*, KY*, LA*, MA, MD*, ME*, MI*, MN*, MO*, MS*, NC*, ND*, NE*, NJ*, NM*, NV*, NY*, OH*, OK, PA*, RI*, SC*, SD*, TN*, TX*, UT, VA*, VT*, WA*, WI*, WV*, WY and Puerto Rico*. States and US territories marked with an asterisk also collect taxes on shipping and processing charges. Except as otherwise noted, all sales are made by Williams-Sonoma DTC, Inc., and the local sales tax of the delivery destination is also charged. All sales shipped to Texas locations are made by Williams-Sonoma DTC Texas, Inc., and the sales tax is based on the location where the order was received. Orders shipped to California locations are F.O.B. destination point which means title passes in California.
*Sales tax is also charged on all shipping, delivery and processing charges for states with an asterisk.
Except as otherwise noted, all sales are made by Williams-Sonoma DTC, Inc., and the local sales tax for delivery destination is also charged. In Canada and Puerto Rico, retail prices may vary from those listed in our catalog and on our website. All sales shipped to Texas locations are made by Williams-Sonoma DTC Texas, Inc., and the sales tax is based on the location where the order was received. Orders shipped to California locations are F.O.B. destination point, which means title passes in California. For further assistance please call our customer service department at 1.888.922.4119 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Can you ship orders to a PO box?
- Most of our smaller items, up to approximately 48" in length and 50 lb. in weight, can be shipped to PO boxes and APO/FPO boxes.
If you have questions about whether or not we can ship to your PO box, feel free to get in touch with us directly. 1.888.922.4119, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can large or oversized items be shipped to Hawaii?
- At present, we are unable to ship large or oversized furniture items to Hawaii. This includes all items denoted as having a ‘Delivery Surcharge’ at checkout. All other items are available for shipment to Hawaii via UPS.
Delivery And Assembly
- How do you deliver furniture?
- We normally ship furniture via our common carrier or an alternate delivery service, allowing us to reliably track your purchase en route.
Items marked with are delivered by appointment. Our delivery service will contact you for an appointment.
Home Delivery is available within the 48 contiguous states only. For more information, call 1.888.922.4108 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (EST), 7 days a week.
- How do you deliver beds?
- We deliver most of our bed frames via our standard carrier. Select bed frames are delivered by our Home Delivery service. We bring them into your home, unpack and inspect them, set them up and remove all packaging.
We're happy to place headboards, in their original packaging, in any room you desire, but we're not able to unpack, inspect or attach them to existing bed frames. Product pages indicate how each bed is delivered.
- Why do you apply a delivery surcharge ($) to some items?
- Furniture, rugs and other large items are bulky and heavy, so our cost to ship them is higher than for other items. These large items have a delivery surcharge listed in parentheses ($) after the item price.
For further details see shipping charges. These delivery surcharges are in addition to the Standard Delivery Charges; click here for complete details.
- How can I find another copy of the assembly instructions?
- Assembly Instructions for our products can be found on each product page.
They're also available for you to download on our Assembly Instructions page.
Gifts And Gift Cards
- How do I check my balance or redeem a Gift Card, eGift Card or merchandise credit online?
- To redeem, enter the 16-digit Gift Card number and the 8-digit PIN (both numbers can be found on the back of the card) at checkout, and the Gift Card value will be deducted automatically from your total.
To check the balance of your Gift Card or merchandise credit card, click here. Type in the 16-digit card number and the 8-digit PIN (both numbers can be found on the back of the card), then click "Check Balance."
To check your eGift Card balance, go to westelm.com and click on Gift Cards or click here.
- Can I exchange a Gift Card, eGift Card or merchandise credit for cash?
- Gift Cards and eGift Cards may not be redeemed for cash, except as required by law.
- What if I lose my Gift Card, eGift Card or merchandise credit?
- Please think of west elm Gift Cards, eGift Cards and merchandise credit cards like cash.
Also, please protect the cards from magnets and other potentially damaging items, as you would a bank credit card; if the magnetic strip is damaged, the value could be lost.
If your eGift Card was lost or stolen, contact Cash Star immediately at 1-866-853-9918.
- How do eGift Cards work?
- west elm eGift Cards can be purchased through westelm.com by clicking on the eGift Card option. Click here for more information.
On the delivery date you choose, we send a message to the recipient letting them know about your gift with a link to retrieve it online.
You'll get an email confirming delivery and a message notifying you that the eGift Card has been viewed.
To cancel your purchase, contact CashStar Customer Support at 1-866-853-9918.
If the delivery date for your eCard is today or in the past, your purchase cannot be cancelled.
- When do Gift Cards and eGift Cards expire?
- There are no expiration dates on our Gift Cards or eGift Cards. We recommend that you redeem them soon after you receive them, so you don't forget.
- Can I purchase or redeem international Gift Cards in stores and online
- In stores, yes. We offer Gift Cards in all of our stores, including international locations. Please note that Gift Cards can only be honored in the country in which they were purchased.
Online, no. Unfortunately, our website does not currently support the sale of Gift Cards to international customers or the redemption of Gift Cards for internationally-shipped orders.
west elm Credit Card
- How can I apply for a west elm credit card?
- There are three easy ways to apply for a west elm credit card: online, by calling 1.888.922.4119 or by visiting any west elm store.
- What are the benefits of the credit card?
- Beginning the day you open your account, you'll earn 25 "design dollars" for every $250 you spend on your credit card.
To learn more, click here.
Other benefits include updates on new products, special promotions and sales and no annual fee. You can also view, manage and pay your account online and use your card at any west elm store, catalog or website. Click here for additional Information.
- Do you offer services for business or interior designers?
- Yes. We provide dedicated sales and services to interior designers, home developers, hotels and business gift buyers.
Please call 1.800.838.2589 or email email@example.com for more information. You can fax your order to 1.702.360.7167.
- Can you customize an item with a company logo?
- Yes. Many of our items can be customized with a company logo or employee monograms.
Please call 1.800.838.2589 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist you.
- Can I buy gift cards in bulk?
- Absolutely. For complete details, or to purchase gift cards in amounts over $5,000, call 1.800.838.2589 or email us at email@example.com
- When I submit credit card information online, is it secure?
- Yes. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our website, and you do so at your own risk. To help ensure that others can't access your credit card information on our website, we recommend that you sign out of your account and close your browser window when you've finished your visit, especially if you're sharing a computer with someone else, or you're using a computer in a public place.
We use sophisticated encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of your credit card information, and we'll do our best to protect its security on our systems.
Every page in the westelm.com ordering process that requests credit card information uses 128-bit secure socket layer (SSL) encryption, which is designed to render information unreadable if anyone tries to intercept it.
- Will west elm sell or rent my information to other companies?
- We'll communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us or from our select partners, please let us know by calling our Customer Service department at 1.888.922.4119 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to update or correct your email address, street address or other personal information, please contact us at 1.888.922.4119 or email@example.com.
Please note that sometimes these requests may take up to 6-8 weeks to be effective, particularly if we're removing your name from postal mailings.
- Where can I apply for a job with west elm?
- We're always looking for intelligent, imaginative and self-motivated people for all levels in our company. We provide an exciting and creative work environment and a variety of opportunities for professional as well as personal growth. To learn about careers at west elm, visit our corporate website.